Sunday, February 13, 2011

Still Chugging Along, Partly Vegan

Well, I'm still trying to be vegan on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, and vegetarian on Tuesdays (my husband is at Game Night and he's lactose intolerant, so it's the only day I can have dairy for dinner).  Last night we had sushi for dinner, and I found that I really preferred the meatless sushi.  That's not a big deal, as I'm not a huge sushi fan, but then tonight we had dinner at a friend's house.  She made the most delicious pasta with veggies and chicken.  This was the first time since 2010 that I've had chicken, and it was so good, but I was more impressed with the flavor of the veggies.  I will definitely be making that recipe.

So I kind of feel like I'm settling in to this whole partial vegan lifestyle.  I no longer feel like I'm depriving myself of tasty food - I think by allowing myself meat on the weekends, I'm able to stick to the vegan diet on weekdays.  In addition, I no longer fantasize about eating meat.  I could probably go vegetarian on the weekends and be perfectly happy (sorry, I cannot completely cut out dairy!)

We've become a rice milk and almond milk household, using white rice milk in lieu of regular milk, and drinking chocolate almond milk as a recovery drink after runs.  I've discovered that plain almond milk has a funny taste, and chocolate rice milk separates funny.  Neither heats up very well (rice milk separates, the almond milk develops a strong taste).

My weight is hovering closer to where it was after the three weeks of being a strict vegan, so that's good.

I have yet to incorporate the Thrive Diet into my diet, mainly because I really struggled with the raw food diet.  It's so much work, and I am an incredibly busy person, so it's just not a practical diet for me.  I am still interested in making my own nutrition bars, though.

So now the big question is:  What the heck am I going to do with all this crazy stuff that I bought at Whole Foods?  I guess I'll have to try to incorporate it into my diet until it's gone.

Namarie!

No comments:

Post a Comment