Saturday, January 15, 2011

Chowpatti Vegetarian Restaurant

Tonight Matt and I went to Chowpatti Vegetarian Restaurant in Arlington Heights, IL.  It is an "international vegetarian" restaurant, but we stuck to the Indian food, as the owners are Indian.

The food was fantastic!  And, it seems that they can make anything on the menu vegan if you ask.  I do know that we had the vegan brownie and vegan cinnamon roll for dessert.  Yum!

I was so pleased with this dinner.  It was the first time in two weeks that I felt like I was eating real food.

Enjoy the photos of our dinner!  I have put the descriptions of each food (copied from their online menu) next to the pictures.


Bombey Sev Batata Puri
"BOMBAY SEV BATATA PURI consists of six crispy original wheat chips or corn chips topped with potato, onion, cilantro and three special chutneys (sauces): Spicy Garlic, Spicy Golden, and Sweet Date. All three chutneys are combined to your request of spice level and then topped with sev (crunchy chickpea noodles). Served cold. (Spiced Mild, Medium or Hot) Upon request, these items can be made very-mild."

This was my favorite dish of the night.  We got medium, but it was way hotter than I prefer.  However, the mix of flavors was amazing! I could have eaten all six.

Samosa Plate


"SAMOSA is a tasty fried, triangle crust filled with mildly seasoned potatoes and green peas."

This was totally comfort food.  Although it was reminiscent of Shepherd's Pie, it absolutely appealed to the Czech in me!


Combination Platte
Sauces from top to bottom:
Aloo Mutter - green peas and potatos
Chole Channa - chickpeas
Tarka Dal - curried lentils

Paratha - Grilled whole wheat flatbread
Steamed Vegetable Biryani - rice with veggies



Vegan Brownie and Vegan Cinnamon Roll




They use fruit juice instead of sugar.  The brownie was made with carob instead of chocolate.  They were both AMAZING!









Namarie!

No comments:

Post a Comment